Hi! My name is
. I'm the Adult and Family Ministry Director here at Holy Spirit. If you're planning to marry in the Catholic Church or at Holy Spirit parish, all of us here are thrilled for you and want to help you prepare for a wonderful life together. Marriage is a Sacrament and a lifelong vocation, so it takes a while to get ready! Here's some information to help you get started:
For more information, contact
, Adult and Family Ministry Director.
- Please contact me at least 9 months prior to your proposed wedding date. We'll discuss your freedom to marry in the Catholic Church and what that means (and what to do if it looks like you might not be), and I'll ask for your contact info. I'll send you a list of the documents that you'll need to obtain. It'll be very helpful for you to start collecting those documents before our first meeting.
- We'll then make an appointment to meet--ideally, all three of us: bride, groom, and me.
- If you're free to marry, we usually can set the date at that first meeting.
- To marry in the Catholic Church, one of you must be a baptized Catholic. To marry at Holy Spirit, one of you must be a registered member here.
- Very important: Do not schedule a venue for a reception until your proposed wedding date and time have been approved and confirmed on the parish calendar.
- We do not schedule weddings during the liturgical seasons of Advent or Lent.
- Marriage Preparation is part of getting married in the Catholic Church. It's an investment that the Church makes--and you make--in your marriage. Here at Holy Spirit, Marriage Preparation consists of a relationship inventory, five meetings with a sponsor couple in their home, and a one-day workshop. The whole process is fun (though it may be stretching)--and it probably will be the most valuable investment of a few hours that you ever will make!